Q. Which events does the chamber organize?
A. We organize events in both winter and summer includeing:
- Northport's Winter Carnival, held in February
- Music in the Park, held every Friday night in Marina Park from the last Friday in June until the Friday before Labor Day
- Northport Wine Festival - the second Saturday in August
- Northport Dog Parade, the second Saturday in August
- Holiday Tree Lighting and Merchant's Day the Saturday after Thanksgiving
Q. Which events make money for the chamber beyond the cost of the event?
A. Music in the Park and the Northport Wine Festival both make money for the chamber but only because of the the generosity of our sponsors.
Q. What other activities have funding from the chamber but cost the chamber money?
A. Each year we print a walking brochure of the community which is used both at our local visitor's center and at tourist centers around the state. Other activities that are done on behalf of the community and our merchants but that don't generate money for the chamber include:
- The Northport-Omena Chamber website
- Northport Winter Carnival
- Northport Dog Parade
- Annual holiday tree lighting. The chamber pays for the decorations and for the labor that goes into decorating)
- The village flower program including the bridge plantings in summer and fall and holiday decorating in winter. In addition thanks to generous donors we have lovely planters throughout the village and the chamber pays for the flowers in those as well.
- Publicity and advertising of the Northport-Omena area.
Q. Who does the work associated with putting on major events and projects?
Q. What are the major sources of money for Chamber activities?
A. Membership dues, event sponsorships, private donations and village donations toward the flower planting and the tree lighting.