Welcome to Northport, Michigan!
The amazing little town of Northport, located at the tip of beautiful Leelanau County.
The mission of the Northport-Omena Chamber of Commerce is to develop, sustain, and serve commerce in Leelanau Township.
Northport traces its recorded history to 1849 when the town was formally organized as a village. Just a few years later, town founders began an aggressive campaign to sell land, bringing an influx of new people to the area.
The recorded history of the village of Omena started in 1852 when the Rev. Peter Doherty established the Omena Presbyterian Church. By 1858 a post office had been established in the young village.